Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday Afternoon

We are here and getting settled in!

After we checked in today we headed out to KFC for lunch. Notice the broken bucket on the sign. A few feet away I found an outside area of PO boxes that was put in place in the Kmart parking lot. Very interesting.



Then we hit I-10 West and headed to NOLA (New Orleans, LA). We did not know our way around at all, so we just followed the freeway in and got off when we saw the Superdome at Canal St. The devastation that we saw to the east of downtown was pretty incredible. I tried to take pics but the railings were often in the way. We saw some pretty wiped out areas and were surprised to see FEMA trailers, but for the most part we saw areas that are abandoned. You can see where the water line was on the buildings.

We got out and walked around the French Quarter for about 45 mins or so. The area is alive and thriving. It was very interesting!

We returned to Bethel and are getting settled in now.

CLICK HERE for pics from today!

No comments: