Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tuesday Evening

I am sorry that I haven't been able to get the blog updated as often as I planned. I have had difficulties getting a good WIFI signal at the church and we have been busy and tired!

We got up bright and early at 6:30am this morning. We had an awesome breakfast of egg enchiladas, then headed out to the green house to get our assignment by 7:30am. Our assignment was to do debris removal for a family way north of town. Since it was a distance, Eunice stayed back around TC and helped out. She helped at the tool shed doing check out forms. The church had receipt forms donated and Eunice was crossing off things like address and writing in church name, work site, ect. Then she headed over to the distribution tent and helped fold towels and measured out ground coffee into baggies. She smelled really good when we picked her up!

We headed out to the work site and were rear-ended (on a bridge) on the way there. Traffic was stopped in the middle of the bridge due to an accident up a little bit. We saw the lady coming up too fast behind us so we knew we were going to get it. Luckily Eric had left enough room so we didn't hit the person ahead of us. We (Eric, the boys, and I) were OK. I was a little shakey, but Eric did a great job of remaining calm and I fed off it him. Since there were 2 other accidents within 1/4 mile of us, the police arrived quickly and had us move off the bridge since it was only one lane in each direction. The lad who hit us had a small baby in her car, but the baby was strapped in, so everyone was fine. The lady was very upset though. I went and gave her a hug and asked her if she was OK. The police quickly took the report and we were on our way to our worksite.

We arrived at the worksite and began working on a HUGE pile of debris in the backyard. We had to take it from the backyard out to the front ditch which was right along a busy road. The boys did a pretty good job of helping out for a few hours. They mostly picked up broken pieces of shingles, dragged sticks and branches out front, and raked. It was a very warm and sunny 82 today! Quite the opposite of the snow at home! We went through a lot of water and had to take frequent breaks! We worked until 3:15 or so and then talked with the resident for a little bit. Their kids came home from school and the boys had a good time playing with them for a few minutes.Before
After

We returned to TC to pick up Eunice and then headed back to Bethel for our showers and to relax before dinner. We didn't get much relaxing in, but we did have a great dinner and meeting. Every night we have a sharing time called 'Where did you see the face/hands/feet/heart of God today?' It is an incredibly moving time where people share all kinds of great experiences. The best news was that Judy, the director of LDR Biloxi, was cleared to return to work today. She had a heart attack 2 weeks ago. She was check by the Dr yesterday who said that she doesn't have any permanent damage. That is awesome news!

Right now many people are watching the 8 Days in Biloxi video. The guy who made the video is here right now preparing to create a new video. It is an incredible video that he shot in October. I have many copies, so feel free to ask to see one! Since I have seen it several times, I am taking the opportunity to update this. I have yet to upload today's pics. I hope to do that soon!

Tomorrow we are supposed to be assigned a new worksite. Eunice & I are cooking on Thursday (which means getting up VERY early!). We will also be eating dinner with our friends, Jack & Laura, who were stationed in Hawaii when we were back in the 90s. Laura was one the first to hold Jake after we brought him home from the hospital.

No comments: